Bare Escentuals bareMinerals “Women of B.E.” Eye Color Collection — Women That Roar
Talk about female empowerment! Bare Escentuals founder Leslie Blodgett is paying tribute to the superwomen in her life — be they friends, family members, or customers — via a 20-piece mineral eye shadow kit aptly dubbed the Women of B.E. Collection. Each shade in the collection, then, bears the name of a special woman — from Girlfriend Tina to Exotic Tara, Beautiful Margo, and Starlet Catherine. As you work your way through the shadows, you’ll marvel at the high pigment payoff and the velvety smooth texture, then find yourself wondering about the women who inspired each color. Every talc-, fragrance-, oil-, and preservative-free shadow, then, feels like a source of intrigue, the story behind its muse eluding us tauntingly and yet irresistibly.
Here’s a breakdown of the shadows in the bareMinerals “Women of B.E.” collection:
- Beautiful Autumn (a light, coppery brown that shimmers like a brand new penny in the sun)
- Beautiful Lisa (an iridescent cerise pink with a violet tint and plenty of shimmer)
- Beautiful Melodie (a sunset red-orange with silvery pearl particles)
- Beautiful Susan (a light, tinsel-y silver shade)
- Girlfriend Margo (a velvety smooth, whitened pale pink with clear glimmer particles)
- Girlfriend Michelle (a pink lily color with bluish undertones and tons of silver shimmer)
- Girlfriend Tina (a velvety smooth blue green latte color)
- Girlfriend Kathleen (a pale sage with tons of clear shimmer particles)
- Exotic Laura (a shimmering bronze)
- Exotic Sandra (a creamy, shimmer-free, ultra soft, dirty fern green shade)
- Exotic Tara (a mystical, gypsy-flavored light turquoise saturated with silvery shimmer)
- Exotic Victoria (a shimmering gold color with a chartreuse undertone)
- Starlet Casey (a creamy, yellowish light brown mustard shade)
- Starlet Catherine (a smooth, light, olive-y green)
- Starlet Karen (an extremely pale light yellow with a velvety finish)
- Starlet Leigh Ann (a dirty eggplant purple)
- Gigi (a zircon blue shade with purple undertones and an iridescent, shimmering finish)
- Joeli (a near-white powdery shade of lilac)
- Treasured Terri (a shimmer-packed, light emerald green)
- Radiant Rebecca (a ripe apricot with clear glimmer particles)
My favorite shades are the Girlfriend Tina, Girlfriend Margo, Exotic Tara, Exotic Victoria, Gigi and Treasured Terri, since I find them to be the most unique in terms of pigmentation. As a whole though, the collection offers a true spectrum of color to create boundless looks, and the mixture of smooth, blendable, matte colors and shimmer-saturated accent shades make for makeup magic.
The collection is currently available at QVC for $79.92, but, until 11:59 p.m. EST today, you can also vie for a chance to win a Women of B.E. kit from QVC. To enter, you should upload a story that indicates why you’re a “Woman of B.E.” and photo. One lucky winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to QVC Studios, where she will enjoy VIP treatment, meet Bare Escentuals founder Leslie Blodgett, and receive a make-under with BE products! Plus, four runner-ups will win their very own Women of B.E. collection. To enter, just visit the QVC Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/womenofbe” and upload your submission before 11:59 p.m. EST.
To get a better idea of what the shades look like, check out the swatches below! It’s well worth the money, gals!
Here’s a look at the first row of eye shadows (moving from left to right in the box). The shadows pictured below, from top to bottom are: Beautiful Autumn, Beautiful Lisa, Beautiful Melodie, Beautiful Susan, and Girlfriend Michelle.
Next, we’ll move on to the second row of eye shadows, again moving from left to right in the case. The hues pictured below, from top to bottom, are: Girlfriend Margo, Girlfriend Tina, Girlfriend Kathleen, Exotic Laura, Exotic Victoria and Exotic Sandra.
Here’s another look (from left to right) at Girlfriend Margo, Girlfriend Tina, Girlfriend Kathleen, Exotic Laura, Exotic Victoria and Exotic Sandra:
On to the third row of eye shadows. Below (from top to bottom), you’ll find swatches of Exotic Tara, Exotic Victoria, Starlet Casey, Starlet Catherine, and Starlet Karen:
Here’s another look at (from left to right) the Exotic Tara, Exotic Victoria, Starlet Casey, Starlet Catherine, and Starlet Karen shades:
Finally, we arrive at the fourth row of eye shadows. In the photo below, you’ll find swatches of (from top to bottom): Starlet Leigh Ann, Gigi, Joeli, Treasured Terri, and Radiant Rebecca.
Here’s another look at (from left to right) the Starlet Leigh Ann, Gigi, Joeli, Treasured Terri, and Radiant Rebecca colors:
bareMinerals Women of B.E. Collection, $79.92. Available at QVC.com