Tarte Cosmetics Debuts its “Journey to Natural Beauty” 6-Piece Collection on QVC Today!
I’v been dying to tell you ladies about this amazing new collection from Tarte Cosmetics, which debuts today on QVC and QVC.com. As most of you readers know, I’m hopelessly devoted to Tarte (yes, that’s a Grease reference!) — not only because it’s an eco-friendly beauty brand, but because all of its products rely on formulas that are both kind to your skin and deliver the desired amount of coverage and pigmentation. The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, for instance, incorporates Amazonian clay, which is rich in vitamins and minerals ( iron, aluminum, potassium, calcium, boron, and sulphur among them) that can restore skin to its optimal moisture balance, controlling oil production and hydrating as needed depending on one’s skin type. I like to think of Amazonian clay as having ESP powers since it seems to have the mystical ability to recognize and classify the type of skin with which it comes into contact and then cater its behavior accordingly, hydrating parched skin to give it a more supple appearance while keeping oily skin looking matte. But the reality is that, aside from having skin nourishing properties, the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush delivers a power punch of color to cheeks. Available in a wide assortment of shades, these buildable powder blushes are arguably among the best cheek colors ever introduced — in fact, I’d say they’re just as good as NARS’ very best blushes (including the iconic Orgasm shade), which is quite the honor. These attributes aren’t restricted to the Amazonian clay blushes — all Tarte makeup offerings combine a great color pay-off with the benefits of hydrating, softening, nourishing natural ingredients that keep skin looking its best.
The Tarte Journey to Natural Beauty 6-Piece Collection, available for $59.94 at QVC and QVC.com, incorporates some of the brand’s favorite and best-selling products, along with some new launches and new color offerings. The set comes in an exquisite, eco-friendly bag that can be folded over to resemble a clutch or kept in a vertical position to hold even more goodies. The front of the bag is made of 50% ramie yarns and 50% cotton, woven together to create a natural-looking, light sand surface with shimmering golden touches. The back, meanwhile, is made of woven straw and boasts a multi-color chevron pattern with thin zigzagging lines in shades of bright pink, pale rose, lavender, violet, purple, ochre-tinged tan, aubergine, eggplant, red, lilac, and mauve. As previously mentioned, you can fold over the back to create an envelope clutch of sorts, as shown in the photo at top, the golden tan color as its base and the fold-over flap showing off the beautiful chevron pattern.
The set includes the following items:
- NEW Tarte Brow Architect Shaper Liner & Definer: This double-ended brow tool actually incorporates three products in one. On one end, you’ll find a spiraling brush that can be used to comb brows and keep them in place. On the other end, meanwhile, you’ll find a slanted brow pencil meant to be used to fill in any sparse areas along the brow, to extend the brow line, and to achieve the desired amount of definition. Below the universal brow pencil, meanwhile, there’s a hidden concealer. To access this powder-based concealer, you have to screw off a section below the universal brow pencil (near the middle of the tube). Once you do, you’ll see a wand with a teardrop-shaped sponge dusted with a creamy concealer, which is very reminiscent of the Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Powder in its overall shape, but the actual concealer isn’t shimmery (that would, of course, bring attention to the areas you’re trying to camouflage) or even powder-y (it has a light creamy texture that’s not cake-y or overly viscous). Overall, I thought this was a solid product, but I do think the brow pencil could be a bit softer since it feels a bit abrasive against the skin — mainly, because it takes a while to deposit the right amount of color to the brow area.
- NEW Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara: This new mascara makes lashes appear way fuller and more voluminous, while the deep black shade adds definition. When I applied this mascara, my son asked me if I had bought lashes (he’s eight years old, so the whole mascara notion baffles him and he assumed I could somehow buy real lashes and attach them permanently to my lids). His reaction is indicative of the dramatic difference you’ll notice when you apply this mascara. That being said, you’ll want to make sure to curl your lashes before applying because the formula can, in fact, clump. But when applied with care, you’ll have va-va-va-voom lashes in no time.
- Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush: This brush alone is worth investing in the set! This remarkably dense brush features silky soft bamboo bristles that allow you to apply your foundation seamlessly, creating an almost airbrushed effect and, for this special kit, Tarte gave its top-rated brush a bit of a makeover, wrapping its handle in the same woven straw material that adorns the kits’ makeup bag. Not only will you love how much this brush simplifies the foundation application process, but you’ll admire how beautiful it looks on your vanity table.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation: Available in five shades (fair, light, medium, tan and deep), this foundation delivers phenomenal coverage but looks completely natural, as if you weren’t wearing anything at all. I raved endlessly about this foundation when I first tried it last year (check out this review), and my enthusiasm has not waned a single bit since then. The liquid foundation manages to cover blemishes, dark under-eye circles, redness, and any other complexion imperfections, while its natural ingredients work to moisturize skin, minimize the appearance of pores, boost luminosity, fight acne-causing bacteria, reduce discoloration, and tighten the skin. This is one of my favorite foundations EVER — it’s a must in any beauty junkie’s arsenal!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in NEW Fearless shade: As I mentioned, the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are simply extraordinary, and this new shade is absolutely delightful. The Fearless shade is a clean, perky, warm pink that will give your complexion a pretty and understated flushed look.
- NEW Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose: Unlike so many lipsticks that dry out your pout, the Amazonian Butter Lipstick moisturizes and soothes lips with a combination of cupuacu and murumuru butter. The Plummy Rose shade, meanwhile, is a sheer, natural-looking color with an earthy quality, a golden guava pink with a creamy texture and a lustrous finish.
Below, you’ll find swatches of the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Fearless. As I mentioned, this pink blush packs a great deal of punch (as much as the Dollface shade), but it has much warmer undertones than the pink hues currently available, making it an invaluable addition to Tarte’s blush range. A hint of golden shimmer, meanwhile, makes cheeks look sun-kissed.
Next, check out swatches of the Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose. This lipstick has a glaze-like quality to it, and it feels heavenly on lips but, most importantly, it deposits a shade that’s at once rosy but earthy, making it flattering for most women. A golden luster, meanwhile, adds a succulent appeal to the shade.
All in all, this six-piece kit is an incredible investment since it features all the essentials to achieve a natural makeup look, plus the pieces are solid investments as stand-alone items so that you can always use some regardless of the looks you’re trying to create. For instance, you can wear the foundation every day — even when you decide to rock a bright red or orange pout. Similarly, you can mix and match the products as desired and tuck them into the ultra stylish makeup bag which is a collectible in and of itself.
Get ready for an unforgettable journey!